Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Challenging Myself

My running is off.
I'm slacking.

I know. You're probably thinking I'm just making excuses, but honestly, I have not run since I finished the Illinois half-marathon at the end of April. Which means, no, I never started training for my Olympic distance tri either.

I'm burnt out.

Lately my training/working out hasn't been much of a stress releaser for me, but instead it's become a stresser. I'm feeling it physically, and if I push my body much more I'm afraid I'll end up injured.

So I have officially decided to take the summer off of training and to just exercise for fun.
Evening bike rides. Weekend swims. Hiking adventures and yoga. Lots and lots of yoga.

To impliment that and keep myself accountable, I'll be starting a 30 day challenge in July. Techinically it will be 31 days because I want to go for the whole month, but I'm rounding so when I make it all 31 days I can be proud of myself.  I've tried challenging myself to something like this before, but I've never followed through. So, if I blog about it, I figure I'll have more accountability.

I'll mostly be posting on my other blog, Enduring, and once I get it set up, I'll link there. 
But since I'm using yoga to help my running, be sure to look for stories here.

No comments:

Post a Comment